ENAS Best Practice Award
Win a €1.000!
Deadline: 15 October 2013
The purpose of this Award is to proactively support the creation or development of a project or initiative by your Institution which clearly supports the theme of one of the ENAS conferences.
Details of the criteria used to select the 2013 ENAS Best Practice Award recipient and the application process is available on this page.
Please direct inquiries to Mr. Joerg Foerster, ENAS EC co-opted Member (firstname.lastname@example.org). Closing date for submission of applications is 15th October 2013 for the next conference in Limerick.
The prize for the Winner’s Institution will be €1,000! The 2013 ENAS Best Practice Award winner will be announced at the closing dinner at the 2013 ENAS Conference at University of Limerick, Ireland.
2012 Winner – Trinity College!
It was a great year for Sport, and Trinity College Dublin can rate 2012 as an important milestone in their Sports Service. Using their Trinity Olympians project, developed from best practices and discussions from ENAS members at the 2011 Antwerp Conference, they were able to elevate the presence of sport to not only their students and College faculty, but the Irish Community as a whole.
Taking Trinity alumni and highlighting their contributions to sport on a world stage, Michelle Tanner (Head of Sport and Recreation) soon found herself meeting with the Senior Management of the College, and members of the Irish Sports Federations. This was then highlighted with the Sports Service being a key contributor to the College’s strategic plan. Michelle remarks, ‘It went from Sport being something we banged on about, to having the entire College talking about Sport!’
The judges are looking for a project or initiative that has been created or developed since the last ENAS Conference and meets the following criteria in this category:
- Captures the theme of any previous conference
- That the project has made an improving impact
- Has hit the ground running and demonstrated a sizeable impact on its target audience within a limited time period
- Has the potential to be significantly scaled upwards
Terms and Conditions
- ENAS members may enter more than one project for the ENAS Best Practice Award
- ENAS EC will be the Organisers of the ENAS Award
- Submissions to be made to Jörg Förster, (ENAS EC co-opted Member) c/o Freie Universität Berlin, Königin-Luise-Strasse 47, 14195 Berlin (email@example.com) or fill out this form.
- Submission Deadline: 15th October, 2013
- Prize for the Winner’s Institution will be €1,000 plus the ENAS Best Practice Award which will be presented at the Conference closing ceremony in Limerick in November 2013.
By submitting an entry to the ENAS Award all entrants agree with the ENAS Network that they have read and understood, and are bound by, the following terms and conditions:
1) Entries to the ENAS Award are open to ENAS members whose projects have been operational for more than 3 months
2) The closing date for receipt of entries is 30th September for the current conference year.
3) Any ENAS member directly involved in or connected with the EC, which is the organising committee, of the ENAS Award is not eligible to submit an entry to the ENAS Award.
4) ENAS EC will not accept any liability for late or lost entries however delivered, or for any error, defect, delay in operation or transmission, communications line failure, theft, destruction, alteration of or unauthorised access to entries as a result of any cause outside the Organisers’ control. Proof of electronic delivery shall not constitute proof of receipt.
5) No entry will be accepted unless it is made in accordance with the specific requirements set out herein in relation to entry (unless such requirements are expressly waived by the ENAS EC).
6) Entries are not considered to be complete unless the terms and conditions have been read and the agreement tick box completed on the entry application form.
7) The ENAS EC reserves the right to refuse to accept an entry for any reason.
8) Judging will be based on a number of criteria in accordance with the entry criteria.
9) The exclusion of entry imagery or footage does not negatively affect the judging of the entry.
10) The criteria included in the entry form should be used as helpful indicators to enhance the quality of an entry.
11) The decision of the judges will be final in all circumstances and no correspondence will be entered into.
12) The ENAS EC reserves the right to amend entry criteria without notice and without giving reasons. Notification of any criteria changes will be made public to entrants.
Winning Entry of the ENAS Best Practice Award
13) The Winner will be announced at the ENAS banquet closing ceremony held at the next ENAS Conference.
14) Winner agrees to take part in reasonable on night and post-event publicity activities to promote the ENAS Award and their successful entry.
15) The ENAS EC reserves the right to cancel the ENAS Award at any stage. In the event of such cancellation, the ENAS EC shall not be liable to Entrants in respect of any additional costs or consequential losses incurred by the Entrants as a result of any such cancellation.
Administration of ENAS Award Process
16) Entrants agree that the ENAS EC may make use of and reproduce any names, logos, trademarks, images, audio-visual works, photographs, kit designs, publications, advertisements and other relevant materials that are associated with all companies, individuals, publications, campaigns and teams that are related to the entry (and Entrants confirm that they have obtained all necessary consents, permissions and clearances in respect of any third party rights relating to such materials) for the following purposes:
a. Publication within and in connection with ENAS printed promotional materials.
b. Publication upon the ENAS website.
c. Exhibition or coverage within any television production that may be produced in relation to ENAS.
d. Publication and exhibition at the ENAS Award.
e. Publications in connection with press releases and other promotional communications relating to ENAS.
f. Other reasonable promotional purposes related to ENAS.
17) Entrants confirm that the details of the entry are non-confidential and that the ENAS EC may copy and distribute the particulars of the entry (and any part thereof) and the Entrants for all reasonable purposes associated with the administration, promotion and coverage of ENAS.
18) The ENAS EC confirm that personal information relating to individuals shall be stored and processed by the ENAS EC for use solely in connection with ENAS and that such information shall not be distributed to third parties without the relevant individual’s prior consent. Such information will only be disclosed to a third party without prior notice to the relevant individual when the ENAS EC believes such disclosure to be required by law or regulation or to be necessary to defend the rights of the ENAS Network, the safety of the public or other Entrants.
19) All information and materials submitted are non-returnable.
20) To the fullest extent permitted by law, the ENAS EC shall not be liable for any damage, claim or costs, howsoever incurred by the Entrants (including any damage to computer equipment, data stored thereon or to personal, professional or commercial activities of the Entrants), arising from the ENAS Award, the ENAS website or for the failure of the Entrants to comply with the entry requirements or these Terms and Conditions.
21) The ENAS EC reserves the right to disqualify any Entrant where the ENAS EC has reasonable grounds to believe that such Entrant has breached any of these Terms and Conditions. Should any Entrant be disqualified, the ENAS EC may, at their sole discretion, select a replacement Entrant which will be subject to these Terms and Conditions.
22) The Organisers reserve the right to amend or supplement these Terms and Conditions at any time. Any such amendment or any additional rules, terms or conditions imposed from time to time by the Organisers shall be incorporated by reference into these Terms and Conditions upon written notice of such amendment or addition to the Entrants.
23) In the event of any dispute regarding these Terms and Conditions and all other matters relating to the ENAS Awards, the decision of the ENAS EC shall be final and no correspondence or discussion shall be entered into.