Research Project: Benchmarking of the ENAS network and European student sport
ENAS is looking for motivated interns for a high-level research project involving internal appreciation of the value represented in the ENAS network through a benchmarking survey as well as the external validation of the Eruopean student sport sector and it’s impact in Europe.
The European Network of Academic Sports Services (ENAS) is the association of Sports Offices in Higher Education Institutions in Europe. It is a non-governmental, international alliance with a common interest in the promotion of Higher Education sport and physical activity as an integral part of University life. Sport promotes the social, mental and physical wellbeing of students. It contributes to the University Education mission by teaching life-long learning skills such as team play, leadership and community values. It helps attract, recruit and retain students, and helps to stay connected with Alumni. Sport also celebrates talent, excellence and achievements. Over the past 20 years, through its projects, ENAS has fostered the development and promotion of sport and physical activity, and brings together key actors in University sport to share ideas, knowledge and to prepare for the future of University sport. More information is available from www.enas-sport.net.
You can be a part of the movement! ENAS is continuously looking for motivated, open-minded and proactive young talent to get actively involved in the administration and development of the network and its events and projects in view of creating better networking and knowledge sharing opportunities in the European University Sport context.
Your tasks and responsibilities
You actively perform research as to the internal and extenal validation of the ENAS network including full statistical analysis;
- You draft a benchmarking survey on basis of pevious versions and interviews with members on appropriate questions;
- You ensure 50% of the ENAS membership fills out the benchmarking survey;
- You perform follow-up interviews;
- You plan for external validation of the network through market analysis;
- You assist in the preparation and organisation of ENAS Executive Committee meetings: prepare agenda, make travel arrangements, coordinate hotel bookings, liaise with local hosts, and write the meeting minutes;
- You assist in professionalising and developing the ENAS network and ENAS projects on a day-to-day basis: answer e-mails, update web content, send out communication updates, update documents, draft guidelines and documents…
- Proven interest and/or experience working in (University) sport;
- Previous experience with statistical analysis;
- Excellent written and spoken knowledge of English.
- Knowledge of modern information technology systems, incl. web sites and social media
- Flexible, detail-oriented and highly autonomous hard-working self-starter with “hands-on” approach and eagerness to learn.
- Technology savvy communicator motivated to work in a small team and to use digital means to work together at distance: skype, dropbox, Google drive,…
- Non-remunerated educational internship;
- Working experience as research associate supporting a European non-governmental organisation;
- Ample opportunities to grow, experiment and learn in a challenging international and multicultural environment;
- Opportunities to travel representing the network;
1 January 2019 or as otherwise agreed
As per agreed.
Please send your CV and a short cover letter to Margo de Lange via email@example.com by no later than 30 November 2018.