Vacancy: Communications Internship
The European Network of Academic Sports Services (ENAS) is the association of Sports Offices in Higher Education Institutions in Europe. It is a non-governmental, international alliance with a common interest in the promotion of Higher Education sport and physical activity as an integral part of University life. Sport promotes the social, mental and physical wellbeing of students. It contributes to the University Education mission by teaching life-long learning skills such as team play, leadership and community values. It helps attract, recruit and retain students, and helps to stay connected with Alumni. Sport also celebrates talent, excellence and achievements. Over the past 20 years, through its projects, ENAS has fostered the development and promotion of sport and physical activity, and brings together key actors in University sport to share ideas, knowledge and to prepare for the future of University sport. More information is available from www.enas-sport.net.
You can be a part of the movement! ENAS is continuously looking for motivated, open-minded and proactive young talent to get actively involved in the administration and development of the network and its events and projects in view of creating better networking and knowledge sharing opportunities in the European University Sport context.
Tasks and responsibilities
Support the development of an ENAS Communications Strategy and manage communication flows to grow the reach and engagement of the ENAS network via its website and social media channels.
- You draft a Communications Planning and are responsible for the execution of the Communications Action Plan;
- You draft ENAS campaigns, communications and mailings aimed at the members and external partners newsletters;
- You maintain the ENAS website and social media platforms;
- You assist in the preparation and organisation of ENAS Executive Committee meetings: prepare agenda, make travel arrangements, coordinate hotel bookings, liaise with local hosts, and write the meeting minutes;
- You assist in professionalising and developing the ENAS network and ENAS projects on a day-to-day basis: answer e-mails, update web content, send out communication updates, update documents, draft guidelines and documents…
- Proven interest and/or experience working in (University) sport;
- Currently enrolled in higher education cycle to obtain qualification in media and communications or previous experience, as a professional or in a volunteer role, with communications and social media management;
- Excellent written and spoken knowledge of English.
- Knowledge of modern information technology systems, incl. web sites and social media
- Flexible, detail-oriented and highly autonomous hard-working self-starter with “hands-on” approach and eagerness to learn.
- Technology savvy communicator motivated to work in a small team and to use digital means to work together at distance: skype, dropbox, Google drive,…
- Non-remunerated internship
- Working experience in an international, multicultural environment for a European non-governmental organisation
- Insight in EU affairs and politics
- Flexible and location-independent traineeship, you need: your computer, internet connection
- Opportunities to travel representing the network
Start date: 1 October 2018 or as otherwise agreed
Duration: As per agreed.
Please send your CV and a short cover letter to Margo de Lange via email@example.com by no later than 30 September 2018.